The Regular (or American) Bikini Wax consists of depilation of the upper-thigh area along the sides of a bikini bottom as well as any hair between the naval and the top of the bikini.
The Brazilian Wax differs from regular bikini waxes because hair is removed in the front, back and everything in between. A “landing strip” is typically left in the front, but most clients opt for everything removed.
What to Expect
- Hair must be ¼ inch to ½ inch long for best results, any shorter or longer and the wax may not be able to stick properly.
- Schedule your appointment four days or more after your period ends, since pain tolerance is higher at this time. Also, never make a waxing appointment after recent tanning session, while taking certain skin medications (such as acne drugs), or if you have diabetes or other circulatory problems since these all contribute to skin sensitivity. We will not do a Brazilian or Bikini wax during your menstrual cycle.
- If you wind up dealing with bumps, in-grown hairs, or redness in the area, a cream with aloe or some hydrocortisone ointment can be used to help alleviate this problem.
- Waxing slows hair re-growth, lasting for 3 to 6 weeks. Instead of growing back thicker and darker, as when you shave, the regrowth is usually finer and lighter. Waxing also removes dead skin cells from your skin, leaving it smoother too.
- Waxing is uncomfortable, and some say painful, but the pain lessens with each return visit to the salon. The area may appear reddened for a short while after waxing as well. It is however, a highly effective method of hair removal, and because some hairs stop re-growing after repeated waxing.
- You may be asked to help hold your skin taut.
Do's and Don'ts
- Do avoid the sun and/or tanning beds two days before and after your waxing treatment.
- Do exfoliate the area that is going to be waxed, preferably with a dry loofah or exfoliating gloves one day before your appointment (excluding the face). When exfoliating, use circular movements going against the hair growth. This can help prevent ingrown hairs and make the waxing treatment more effective.
- Do take Ibuprofen or Advil one hour before your waxing treatment to help reduce pain and inflammation (optional). Please consult with a doctor before taking any new medications.
- Do not drink caffeine the day of your waxing treatment as caffeine stimulates the nervous system making waxing more painful.
- Do not apply moisturizer prior to your waxing treatment.
- Do not wax after a Laser Resurfacing or Chemical Peel.
View our Brochure for more information on each service.
Book your next appointment online.
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday : 9:00am – 3:00pm
619 3rd Ave E